Personal Safety Monitoring
When is it time for a
Personal Safety Monitoring System (PSM)?
Falls are not the only reason for benefiting from a PSM
- Are you alone several hours a day
- Have you fallen in the past year
- Do you have a chronic aliment - heart disease, stroke, etc.
- Are mobility and balance an issue - use of a cane, walker or other device to help with balance and walking
- Are you a recent widow and concerned about your safety
- Would you and your family benefit from the peace of mind a PERS could provide
What happens when the button is pushed?
- A trained professional will respond promptly and take action based on your prior instructions. They will:
- Talk to you over a speaker system (it's OK if you have pushed it by accident)
- Notify a family member of your situation
- Have a neighbor check in on you
- Dispatch emergency personnel
Cost to seniors through Platte County Senior Fund
- Installation - $25
- Three PSM Units to choose from
- Standard Landline Unit - Monthly Service Fee - $15 ($3 for Medicaid Recipients)
- Wireless Unit - Monthly Service Fee - $15 ($3 for Medicaid Recipients)
- Fall Detection Unit: Pendant senses when you have fallen and automatically summons help - Monthly Service Fee - $25 ($13 for Medicaid Recipients)
- Comes with a 100% waterproof pendant or wrist band
- NO CONTRACT REQUIRED